Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Great Plains Documentation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAShai

Programmer
Feb 27, 2006
US
Hello Everyone.

We just migrated from MAS90 to GP8.0. I was wondering if anybody knows of any books/documentation that detail table structure, process, etc in GP.

We downloaded the SDK, but that proved to be pretty much worthless.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

If you go to Tools>Resource Descriptions that should give you table/field information. Processes etc may be harder to find.

hth

There is some documentation that is loaded with the install. If you go to Help>>Printable Manuals that is a good place to start. The System Administrators Guide and the System Users Guide are pretty good resources.

Dukestar YOU ROCK!!!!

Exactly what we were looking for! Everyone this looks like the answer for your GP headaches.

Again Dukestar, thanks.

Also have a look at the info in my FAQ faq632-4746

"FAQ Getting Table and Field Information in Microsoft Great Plains"

It can be really handy.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

i know a GP MVP is also working on something and was invited to contribute but can't find time right now. i don't mind giving my inputs for free.

Any place to just get education? I know this might be 'sad', but I rather work in GPD then the crap I working with now. At least others are here to exchnage ideas, in the ORION ERP world, I'm on an island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back