Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

graphs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2004
US
Hi all, i have a list of cash payments which i've grouped in 12 weeks plus one at the end for >12 weeks to show a timeline of cash recieved from start of a job.

i've produced a line graph easy enough but they want two things on there i cant do.

firstly they want a running total across the axis labels for these weeks.

secondly, at the start of a job we have a figure we have to reach, this is stored in the DB and easy to pull out. on the graph then want a verticle line when this is reached.

any ideas?

Using Crystal v10

with regards to the second bit i've created a running total of cash rec'd and a formula that says

if RT0>target then paymentdate

that returns nulls until it hits target then payment dates every time after but i cant summarise that formula to say minimum(X) becasue if i could i could create 13 vertical lines and supprsess them if xdate < week1, 2, 3 etc

Using Crystal v10

and i have solved the first one so just need help with this minimum date problem

Using Crystal v10

I haven't tested this, but let's say your formula is called {@dt1}:

if RT0>target then paymentdate

Create a second formula {@tgtdt}:

if {@dt1} = paymentdate then
paymentdate

Use this to identify the vertical line. Just not sure you can reference a formula that already references an rt and no time to test right now.

-LB

Hi LB, the problem is that it would be very rare that the target amount is = the running total amount. our targets are very obscure figures (as its whats owed to lenders at the time). so my formula is simply if a payment puts it over the target then that paydate so i get a rowset like

pay amt pay date target runn total formula
500 1/1/2011 695,493.56 602,345.50 null
20000 20/1/2011 695,493.56 622,345.50 null
100000 02/02/2011 695,493.56 722,345.50 02/02/2011
1000 06/02/2011 695,493.56 723,345.50 07/02/2011

right now i have no way to isolate the 2nd feb date at the report footer level (or any level). does that make more sense?

Using Crystal v10

That wasn't what my formulas were intended to do, but in rereading my own post, I see my logic is faulty anyway. I'll take a further look at this.

-LB

LB in all the years you've been replying to my posts i think thats a first, its normally my logic thats wrong :)

thanks

carl

Using Crystal v10

LB i've thought of a differnt way. by solving problem one, i.e. running totals across the top of the graph i can then say if sumweek1<target then supress line 1 (repeat 13 times)

however i cant put a line infront of a graph it always puts it behind!!!

any thoughts?

Using Crystal v10

just realised you cant supress a line based on a formula!

Using Crystal v10

You can suppress a text box though--and you can make only one line conditionally visible.

-LB

as soon as i put that i knew text box was the answer. so i created 13 of them, all under the dates with a red * and formula like:

supress if week 1 < target

supress if week 1 < target or target > week 2

etc and it works :)

thanks again

Using Crystal v10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back