Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphing and Excel file updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safacto

Programmer
Feb 10, 2002
GB
Hi,

I'm fairly new to visual C++ and am trying to graph a vector of values. I think I may have to convert this to an array/series first, but which chart feature should I use, and how do you add coordintes to a graph/chart?

Also, how do you load or update an excel file from within visual C++? Is it possible to display the excel file in its entirity from within the C++ form?

Thanks,
Richard.

Forgive me, but this was the closest forum I could find to ask questions about visual C++ using Borland C++.

After checking again, the only visual C++ forum seems to be for Microsoft Visual C++, not Borland.

Seems to be a misunderstanding here...

Safacto: I think you mean GUI applications when you say "visual". I would refain from using the term "Visual C++" as it is almost a 4 letter word in the Borland forum...

People, at least here, typically associate that term specificly with Mircosoft Visual C++ (which is not the topic of this forum by the way).

So I will assume you mean "visual" to be a windows graphic interface.

1)You ask how to graph a vector: the easiest way would probably be to drag a TImage component (or any other with a TCanvas property) and use its members to graph your vector.

2)Yes it absolutely is possible to do so, although I am not exactly sure how to go about that one; I would look into the Microsoft Office Components in C++ Builder to do this. (There may be an easier way, but as I have never had to do this, I don't know any).

Good Luck,
onrdbandit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back