Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphics Poor thru Citrix, Newbie Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattWray

Technical User
Nov 2, 2001
US
Hello,
I am a newbie to Citrix and am experiencing this problem. When running Powerpoint thru Citrix, the graphics come out looking like 256 colors, if I run it locally it is fine. I'm sure this is an easy one, so don't make me feel too dumb.. [smile]

Thanks,

Matt Wray

There are 2 places to look at how you have your video set. In the Citrix Network Neighborhood, see how your video is set in the settings for the application set, or if applicable, the custom ICA connection. Next, at the server, check the Application Properties. Check the application appearance Tab. You probably want True Color 24-bit for both. Note, that if you run all clients and applications this way-you may degrade performance, depending on how powerful your servers are.

If you have created a connection through Citrix Program Neighborhood, you can pull up the properties for that connection and under the Options tab you can select the resolution and colors that you want to use for that connection. That way you can run True Color (32-bit) at whatever resolution you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back