Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphics in Microsoft Outlook 97 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingis

Programmer
Jan 23, 2002
LT
I need to put graphics (e.g. company logo)into my e-mail to make my newsletter look professional.  However every time I cut and paste the image does not look good, where am I going wrong?

What do you mean when you say, &quot;the image does not look good?&quot;<br><br>What email software are you using?<br><br>What mail format are you using? (in Outlook, Tools, Options, Mail Format Tab).<br><br><br><br>

When I cut and paste images into the body of my email they become slightly blurred and the edges become jagged.<br><br>I am using outlook 97 and do not seem to have a 'format' tab when I go into tools, options, mail.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a theory that my company may have banned this to stop employees sending pictures etc. <br><br>However meantime will this stop me sending coloured text etc?&nbsp;&nbsp;I have sent out a few testers to friends in other companies using similar software who are not receiving the email in colour.

Here's a couple of reasons why you may be having problems.<br><br>1. people will not see formatting (bold, underline) or colored text, etc, if they don't actually &quot;open&quot; the email message. If they look at the message in preview mode, they will not see any formatting.<br><br>2. if they are in &quot;plain text mode&quot; (tools, options, mail format) they also may not see any formatting.<br><br>3. <b>one way to get around all of this</b> is to write your message in WORD with all your formatting <b>AND</b> logos, then send the message from WORD (File, Send To Mail Recipient or as an attachment), <b>or,</b> go into Outlook and send an attachment, (Insert, File, or click on the paper clip), then send your Word file. If you use this method, they will see <b>ALL</b> formatting and logos.<br><br>The one exception to this is, the recipient may not be using Word, however, that is usually unlikely, as it's the most popular word processing program on the market.<br><br>If you want to use me as a test, send email to:<br><A HREF="mailto:support@schroeder-associates.com">support@schroeder-associates.com</A> Have Fun!

Cheers Soapy you have been very helpful.

AAAhhh, come back soapy I need your help again!

When I cut and paste images into my email, does that then make them a 'HTML email'?

No, it doesn't. If you are using Outlook, go to:

tools, options, mail format tab.

Click the down arrow that is next to the words &quot;send in this message format&quot;

Choose html if that is what you want. you'll notice that there are two other choices as to what format your document will be sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back