Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphics Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldfart

Programmer
Feb 2, 2000
AU
My application runs on both W2K and XP clients. When in full screen mode the graphics characters appear correctly. However, pressing Alt-Enter to get it into a window the characters appear differently. Does anyone know how to fix this

Change the font in the window by Right clicking on the title bar and selecting Properties. Try setting the font to 10x18 (Raster Font).
Garry

Thanks Garry. I tried the Raster fonts and it made no difference.

Are there specific characters that don't work? When you say 'appear differently', how do you mean - do they appear as another character altogether, a blank,etc?
Garry

The symbol most commly used is a small tick in a box. This appears correctly in full screen mode, but in a window comes up as ¦Ì?when the box is un-ticked and ¦Ï?when the box is ticked. from the code it looks like the following CHr() are used. Chr(221), Chr(12), Chr(222), Chr(216)
Phil

I start the app with a batch file and include the line:
Mode con cp select=437
and all the double/single boxes work.

Type Mode /? at a command prompt for the syntax, you get:
Select code page: MODE CON[:] CP SELECT=yyy

Ian Boys
DTE Systems Ltd

Thanks Bozz.
The mode command does change the character display, but not to the character I want. I've look at the documentation for Mode Con on the internet and it all seems to be a bit of hit and miss as to which character set to use.

I actually used the font editor to create a couple of custom characters, which worked great in DOS only. But then you the software in a Window and it didn't seem such a good idea after all.

Ian Boys
DTE Systems Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back