Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphics card failure??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhickma3

Technical User
Jun 19, 2003
US
I have just built a computer and I am having a problem concerning my graphics card. I have an abit IS7 series mobo and it has one agp slot. It does not have an onboard video port, so I had to buy the graphics card. I have an ATI Radeon 9000 pro card and it worked fine until I got to the point of installing the drivers for the card. When I did that, the computer froze and I had to restart. When it restarted, and the screen is black and getting no signal. The computer is giving me these long beeps. I am wondering if it is something else besides the graphics card. If anyone knows about this problem please respond. thanks

Make sure card is seated firmly.

Try another card?

Try and boot into safe mode. It could be you have the wrong drivers, or the refresh rate is set too high for your monitor. From safe mode you can make sure that this is set right or try and reinstall the drivers

If you're going through Hell...keep going... (Winston Churchill)
RocKeRFelLerZ

I have the Abit IS7, too. It may be you have the cpu setting too high. If I set mine too high, it will not boot and I get a black/blank screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back