Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

graphical simulation of dial up or internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenica

Technical User
Sep 9, 2002
BA
Do anyone know some url where I can find detailed or less detailed simulation (graphical) of internet work ? For instance diul up connection from modem through switch in telephone office to ISP router by PPP protocol... All others way are good too.

mmm.. u could try creating one using MS Powerpoint..

good luck..

I need (for my faculty graduated work) dynamic simulation with a great deal of details, which describes how lower protocols functioning (v35, v90 with modem, after that PPP... and than IP), which way AD-DA conversion is made, how multiplexing, demultiplexing, routing is done, simply whole detailed path of datas, from my home host through telephone officies to PPP, ISP and internet world ... I possible hope to find somwhere simulation of just part of it to help me in putting peaces together. I think powerpoint is too simple for that (its purpose is presentation and simplier simulation), I'll have to do it with something like macromedia or even in visual/borland C++.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back