Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphic header will not print like others will

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgoeman

MIS
Mar 19, 2002
US
I have a graphic heading that will not print like others of the same type (different text) do in PM6.5. I checked the link and it's the same as the others. Placed pictures also do not print.

Any ideas why a graphic wouldn't print? The same printer was used to print a similar file with even more graphics.

THANKS

Can you please elaborate a little further. Are you getting grey rectangles instead of the images, or is it just blank paper? What type of printer are you using? Are you printing this out of PM6.5 or is this a pdf from the p65 file? Has anybdy changed printer settings, etc., etc. without your knowledge?
Thanks.

Cyberboy
Every computer is like a snowflake. There are no two alike.

What file format are the graphics? Do you have a postscript printer?

I probably should have also mentioned that if your graphics files are in EPS format, they will not print (or print badly) on a non-postscript printer. If they are EPS, and you don't have a PS printer, can you convert the graphics to TIF and check to see if these will print?

EPS graphics will only print properly on a PS printer. On a non-PS printer, you are printing the image preview info which is a low quality TIFF, generally.

If you are getting a grayed out square as preview of an EPS grapic by 0.01° and it usually will display. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

I discovered my problem! I had the proof button checked when I was printing those files - when unchecked it prints my pages with the top graphic.

Thanks for the feedback. It helps us all...

Cyberboy
Every computer is like a snowflake. There are no two alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back