Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphic File into Excel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

arbytech

MIS
Feb 10, 2004
US
Hi everyone!

I am working on an app to take some pictures (they're graphs) and copy them into an Excel spreadsheet. Currently I can open the Excel file and I can copy in text but I'm not sure how to copy in an actual file (in this case a graphic file).

I am looking to automate this with a small VB program since there are about 150 different graphs that I need to compile in this Excel workbook.

Any help would be appreciated especially since I'm still new at VB and get stumped with some simple things sometimes!

I would say that your best bet would be to record a macro in Excel of yourself doing the desired action. You can then look at the code in the VBE (Alt+F11). Once you have seen what it is doing you can port the code over into the VB code that you currently have.

Hope this helps

HarleyQuinn
---------------------------------
Get the most out of Tek-Tips, read FAQ222-2244 before posting.

HarleyQuinn,

Thanks, You are awesome! Got it working in no time.

arbytech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back