Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphic file format converters 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

akbryer

Programmer
Mar 25, 1999
US
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a graphic file format converter? I especially need to convert bit maps to gifs and jpegs.<br>
<br>
Thank you.<br>
<br>
<p>Gary (akbryer)<br><a href=mailto:Gary_Bryer@Vanguard.com>Gary_Bryer@Vanguard.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I need to know how to convert files like the kind you get with the &quot;open with&quot; window into gif. or bitmap images.

I use a number of tools for the job depending on the job at hand. <br><br>If you are going to do some line or other simple work I recommend generating the sections in Ani Pro or Dpaint, these are also the best choice for palette control.<br><br>For reducing Jpegs xat.com Image Optimiser looks very good but I have'nt used it much yet (ask next week!).<br><br>Paint shop pro can convert to anything but for good .gif compression I found Fireworks the best so far which is unfortunate as it costs to much really just as a .gif compressor. If you live in the UK there was a Computer Arts special with a freebie copy of Fireworks 1 about a while ago you may be able to pick it up somewhere.<br><br>Naz <p>Guy<br><a href=mailto:guy@noisygraphics.co.uk>guy@noisygraphics.co.uk</a><br><a href=dont bother I'm still agonising over the text blurb.>Noisy Graphics</a><br>Experienced multimedia and game content artist, lots of 3d experience, also known to draw pictures. Fast becoming site designer and through pain and lack of sleep a coder.

There is a converter called&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Graphics Workshop Pro which is about $40 for the registered version. One can download a trial copy from <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> It converts many formats.<br><br>There is also a GIF Animator Pro which can be downloaded as a trial version. I like them both. It includes banners, and other stuff. Check them out.

I need to know where could I find information about .DXF file format. I need to export 3D data as an .DXF file. I would like to find an example explaining this. Thank you.

Personally I use Paint Shop Pro for converting formats. However you may be
able to find some free/shareware converters at :

hotfiles.com
download.com
shareware.com

[sig]<p>MartyLogo<br><a href=mailto:MartyLogo@netzero.net>MartyLogo@netzero.net</a><br><a href= to my Main Page!</a><br>Logo & Web Page Designs Inc.[/sig]

Please Help! I need to know how to convert .max files into something that I can view! Is there any recomendations on any programs or any way that I can do this? thanx!

If you've got MS OFFICE you've probably got MS Photo Editor adn dont know it, just open the pic in Editor and save it as another format.

Here is one I use when I'm being lazy. It doesn't just support pictures, but also Word docs, spreadsheets and databases.

Conversions Plus.

Converts all sorts of picture formats to others - but does it in batches, even through nested folders. Can be highly useful.

Regarding .dxf files I use Crossroads. It converts to and from a variety of formats. I also believe that it can convert .max files as well but I'm not sure. You should be able to find the Crossroads program from one of the download sites that I mentioned above.

MartyLogo

MartyLogo
MartyLogo@netzero.net
Logo & Web Page Designs Inc.

Okay... I have been designing and programming for about two years now. I have created Games, Websites, Patches, Cracks, Mods...Etc. And I Need A Basic, FREE Image Converter For A Specific Project I'm Working On! Could SOMEONE Please help me out?

My two cents has &quot;PICK a VIEW&quot; it is very quick and simple to convert. Photoshop is time consuming to learn and takes time to load. The Warez croud turned me on to this, it's their favorite conversion tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back