Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graph Legend Item Labels 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dky1e

Programmer
May 4, 2002
US
Hi,

I've created a report with a graph. The problem is that the graph's legend shows crystal's names, ie: "Sum of sp_rpt_MyGraph;1.BlueRibbons". I would like it to say "Blue Ribbons" instead, is it possible?

The legend or the axis shows this?

Run the report, select the graph, Under the pull down Analyzer, select Format Chart Titles

Replace the Group Title/Data Title as required.

You can also customize the legened text similarly.

This is version dependent, which you omitted.

-k

Can you do this in the .NET version of crystal? I have the same problem for which I am trying to find the answer.

BT

A related question (or maybe even THIS question)...
How do you get FIELD VALUES in the title?

I.e. Top level chart may be across the whole company, showing all divisions. Top level has a generic (flat) title.
Drill down to a division, and put a chart with date trending... you can use a generic (flat) title, but a better title would be to use the value in the Division field -- IN the title.

I have constructed new graphs w/ drill downs, and Crystal handled putting a group name (dynamic) into the title. Someone else pulled the dynamic title and replaced it with (an incorrect) flat title. How do I go back to the dynamic title? Geeze, you'd think that, as long as I've been doing this, I'd remember the format.

Tried using Crystal Field and Formula format: {@FormulaName}
with no success. Currently, I put an empty string into the Chart Title (" ") to hold a spot above the chart, and then float a User Formula containing the report field on top.
@ChartGroupLabel:
DataTable.Division_Name & " Workload across 12 months"
so when it prints, it shows the current division name (grouped results) and the rest of the title. It WORKS, but I want to know how to format it WITHIN the Chart Titles section.

Enquiring minds, and all that.

--
Marc Visconte
CSC
Lead RMS Developer
Crystal Reports

If you are using CR 9.x or higher you can 'overwrite' most labels simply by right-clicking on them and selecting the Format option.

For CR 8.x or if you have advanced 'overwrite/replacement' needs you can also use our replacement chart library which has a lot more flexibility in this regard.

-Dan @ 3D

Dan Weingart
OEM Technical Manager
Three D Graphics, Inc.

I am not positive, but I think that his application needed the CR-supplied group name, but that he wanted to drop out the rest of the automatically assigned title.

The Chart Expert / Chart Analyzer will show an internal field data reference, something like @FieldName, which is filled at run time. If you right click and change it, it will be hard-coded. Unfortunately, whenever I modify the automatically provided titles, the chart seems to loose the internal reference and the label will show the TEXT "@FieldName" instead of the contents of @FieldName.

Whew.

--
Marc Visconte
CSC
Lead RMS Developer
Crystal Reports

The problem is that in the .NET version, at least what I am seeing, these options are not available at design time. That is why I was wondering where to hook in at run time to make dynamic changes.

Bob Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back