Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graph Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHurdatADP

Technical User
Nov 8, 2005
US
I tried the Graph function. No luck. I get a message "Microsoft Word Graph not installed. Please reinstall Microsoft Word" or something similar. This is RS 3.11 in ADP Enterprise version 4B, hosted.

Anyone ever successfully use the graph function in this environment?

I have not seen this work since version 2.5 with office 95. Was anyone ever seen it work in version 3.x?

CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft - SAP
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query - Access
Reporting - Interfaces - Data Mining

Well, I've turned it into the tech desk for research. They probably never installed it at the hosting center.

Answer from the Hosting Center: The Graph function is not installed, at it requires MS Office, which would mean lots of licenses........

Yes, the graph function does work in ReportSmith and requires MS office to work. Unfortunately, the graph will remain stagnant once you add the graph to your report - you can regen your report all day long and the graph will retain the original values of when you first added the graph and will not be dynamic.

To get around this, you can use a combination of DDE and OLE to open the an excel spreadsheet on the fly, poke data into it and then return the values and graph via OLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back