Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graph for each date

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadCatmk2

Programmer
Oct 3, 2003
GB
Hiya

Crystal 9
Access 97 Database

Hope someone can help me with this. I have a report showing each visit_date for a patient. Attached to this is a value for the dependency 1,2, or 3.

I have tried using the chart wizard to show a graph of all dates in the X axis with the corresponding dependancy value shown in the y axis.

I cannot seem to get this to work. The graph shows the dates along the bottom but the dependency value always remains at 1.

The only thing i can see that may possibly cause the problem is that the dependency value is calculated based on the results of a sub report for each visit_date.

Could someone let me know if they have encountered problems with values calculated at run time in graphs or if you have any suggestions as to how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

showing each visit date for a patient
I would create my crystal report
A) Grouped by Patient
B) Grouped by Date

Charting
Turn off automatic options
Select data
Place Chart one per Patient
On change of Date
Show Value(s) Date (remove summary options)

That should work.

Thanks for the response.

I've tried what you said, and unfortunately it returns the same chart. The dependency value which is shown on the Y access (which can only have the values 1, 2 or 3) always reads 1 for each date.

I can't help but think that this happens because the dependency value is obtained after running a sub report and returning a value from the details section in the report.

I'm at a loss now, any more suggestions are greatly recieved.

thanks for your help.

I've realised what is causing the problem. The dependency changes for each contact, so when it comes to out putting the graph, it only shows the last value that dependency has taken.

Would anyone be able to suggest a way of getting round this so that the dependency value is stored for each contact and then used in the graph.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back