Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

granting calendar access to other users 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilEvelyn

Programmer
Feb 17, 2003
GB
I have setup a system where the entire company has access to each others calendars by creating a group called "Staff" and giving permissions to "Staff" of Publishing Editor and giving viewing permission to the mailbox. Everything works fine except for one member of staff. Everyone can see her calendar but she cannot see any other calendar.

I have checked that she is in the Staff group, I even granted her permissions in her own right rather than through the Staff group. Still no joy! Does anyone have any idea what may be the problem. I have looked to see if other permissions somewhere else are blocking her but nothing obvious has shouted at me.

HELP!!!!

Phi

Ok, I have had a look at AD on our test server before I use in on the live server. What should the attributes for MSExchMasterAccountSID and SecurityDescriptor be set too? I am only given the option, as far as I can see, to tick or untick the box.

And when I look for nomas on the internet I get National Organization for Men Against Sexism! I don't think that sounds like an E2K utility.

Just tick the boxes. This will reset the attributes to the values they should have.

The problem is that that attribute contains invalid data. Just checking or unchecking the box doesn't work. You can see this by using CDOEXM to read the attribute. It will come back blank.

I don't think you'll find Nomas by searching on the internet. NOMAS is a utility for cleaning up msExchMasterAccountSID and msExchMailboxSecurityDescriptor.

If you can, try searching VKB or KE for 228423. If you can't, call M$ and have the SP search for it.

I do not know if this will help, but at times users mistakenly select people from their Personal Contact list instead of from the GAL. Opening someones Calendar requires them to select the user from the GAL.

Well you were right that ADmodify would not fix the problem, sadly. So... I need a little help qorking out what VKB and KE are. I had thought that they were the monthly Microsoft Partner knowledge base but I had search and no luck. Can you explain what they are?

IF at first you don`t succeed CHEAT!!!

make them new user and copy there old mailbox&profile over ?

DG659, thats exactly what I decided to do. :) I had spent so much time trying to fix the problem the "quick" way and failing, I went back to my safe method of, as you say, cheating, although I did not copy the entire profile over, just the My Documents folder and favorites.

Problem solved.

Everyone, thanks for your help in getting this sorted.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back