Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grandstream T1 gateways and UCX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

random192

Systems Engineer
Aug 16, 2019
US
Does anyone use Grandstream T1 Gateways with UCX Cloud or their PBXs? I noticed they have documentation for using their FXO gateways with UCX but nothing on the T1 gateways.

From the UCx perspective, there is almost no difference between FXO or PRI/T1 gateways - they appears to the system as SIP trunks. You should be able to use the configuration instructions for the FXO gateway also for the T1 gateway.

Awesome thank you for the response and answer. So that means I just need a SIP trunk and not even a universal license? So the only downside to using an external gateway is the cost associated with the SIP trunk you use to link the gateway to the PBX? I appreciate the information I was structuring a lot of my proposals with everything geared towards the customers moving to SIP trunks provided by me. However, no matter what I do to convince them that its not a big deal to change carriers and there is good reasons to do so people often seem turned off by the whole thing and misinterpret it as the systems not being able to support what they have. As such I'm examining all the options for bringing POTS and PRI's into could hosted or remote PBX's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back