Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grandstream and AT&T IPFLEX Sip trunk 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

It wire techs

Vendor
Dec 5, 2017
US
Hi, I was hoping someone here had done a AT&T SIP trunk with a Grandstream Sip Server, 6208 is what I have but they pretty much all the same

Pretty sure they have IP Flex ready do go

Anybody with some at&t sip trunk experience would be much appreciated, they don't give you much time for the TTU I don't see how someone is going to do a SIP test and turn up with 30 DID in an hour..Theyre crazy right?

IT Wire Techs
Telephone System Repair
Los Angeles

WOW, not one IP Flex. Amazing

IT Wire Techs
Telephone System Repair
Los Angeles

trying to follow. You have 30 DID's and want more then 1 hour with the ATT tech?

1 chimes in and is totally brilliant. THankx guys

AT & T gives you

ip 000.000.000.000 Real IPs not 0s
Msk 255.255.255.0
Gateway 000.000.000.000

They do not give you an IP for the Peer or any info for a registered trunk. AT&T Said use the gateway for the Peers IP. That didn't work. I used the IP as the Peer and it worked

And yes 30 DID is a lot of DID and transfer the data network and test everything in an hour is not a lot of time, It took about 2 hours.

IT Wire Techs
Telephone System Repair
Los Angeles

From your web site: "I am a factory cirttified phone system repair technition with going on 20 years experience."

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

And that means what to me, you type faster?

IT Wire Techs
Telephone System Repair
Los Angeles

Honestly it is not that crazy. The IPflex is a digital signal that is converted into a PRI in the building via hardware. Normally a tech will come out and put up the hardware and then a remote technician will port the DID number along with main numbers and any other numbers to the new circuit just like any other turn up. In all honestly it should take no more than an hour even with hundreds of DID numbers. Most issues will come with Long distance and 911 calls so always verify those! Just make sure that you call the police station first and notify them that you are going to run a test or they get all angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back