Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grand Totals of Sub Totals

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhansen

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2002
CA
My report has two groups Employee and then Pay Code the pay code breaks down into 3 or 4 different items.

Brad
A
$10
B
$12
C
$15

I have generated the subtotals for each group, but want a total at the end of the report of item A then item B, etc.
I cannot seem to figure this out.

Thanks in advance

Take the field that you used to generate the subtotals, right click on it and select "Insert Grand Total". Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

I am right clicking on the sub totals that are in my footer, but insert does not appear if I move up to the menu bar and insert subtotals and grand totals are greyed out.

Do not keep the subtotal field selected. After placing a subtotal, deselect the subtotal field and then click the insert on the menu bar.
The problem is that once you have placed the subtotal it remains focused(selected).
Try this.
ajayas

Try right-clicking your subtotal field, copy, and then paste into the report footer.

Thanks, I ended up using the running total to get my summary.

Hi guys,

I am having a problem. I am having a group named as status which gives the customer as active or inactive customer. i want to show total no. of active and inactive customer separately at last. How can i achieve this.and also tell me how can i post my question. Because i don't find any link to post my question. That is why i am typing here.

Thanks in advance
Very urgent
I am having lot of doubts

I can't help you with your problem, but to post a new thread just go to the beginning of the forum and go to the bottom of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back