Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grand Total including all groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBean

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
US
Hi, I used dgillz solution to my previous problem (thread767-319175 and that worked great. The problem now is that my grand total at the end of the report includes all the groups, even the ones that were filtered out with the group selection formula. I just want to sum up a total for the groups that I selected based on the criteria. I just used the built in mechanism to generate a grand total, should I be creating my own formula instead? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are filtering out records you should use a "3 formula method for summing"

this involves an initialization formula to set variables to zero, a summing formula to sum acceptable values and then a display formula to show the results.

If you have troubles show some details and I'll help you through it. Jim Broadbent

Redbean,

Are you using a group selection formula, or are you suppressing groups? There is a big difference.

I suspect you are suppressing certain groups. Edit your formula. If if says "Section_Visibility" or "Object_VIsibility" at the top you are suppressing them, and you need to go back and do a group selection formula.

Please let me know what you find. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
714-348-0964
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

dgillz:
I followed what you said in the other message and it worked perfectly. I entered the formula into the group selection window. The thing was even after doing that, the grand total at the end was the same as before the selection. So I tried to choose records meeting a different criteria and the grand total again stayed the same. I will try the suggestion made by Ngolem and see if I have any success.

Thanks again to all the people on this forum, you guys are the best!

Please post the formula you are grand totalling, and your ggroup selection formula, so we can see what it is. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
714-348-0964
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back