Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grab attachments from pop3 webaccount

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawkz

Programmer
Oct 25, 2005
GB
Hi, does anyone know of a gadget that can connect to a web email account every 5mins and download any attachments like *.nzb

Kindest regards,

SH

Do you mean something other than a conventional mail client that would retrieve the entire message?

I'm not sure there's a way to retrieve only the attachment. For one thing, something would need to keep track of wether or not the attachment has already been retrieved, because the actual mail message (that contains the attachment) would never be removed unless told to do so by a conventional mail client.

Thanks for replying, i could just download the entire message from the server then just process the attachment. Cant find a plug in for thunderbird. I Just need a small dirty gadget to do it for me. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Steve

I've not seen anything that will do this. Out of curiosity, why is it being done this way?

Would it not be possible for the sender to transfer the file directly using FTP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back