Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPO's Not delpoying to Client computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmane

MIS
May 31, 2003
CA
I have configured a Windows 2000 domain and set up some user GPO's. When a user logs onto a client machine the GPO's are not deployed to them. However if I allow local logon's on the server the policies are applied fine. The GPO's have been created under user configuration.

I can see and acces the server fine through My network places and can ping the server by name.

Why are the GPO's not being deployed to client machines?

Are the users under the container or OU that you are setting the GPO?
Did you check the DNS settings on the workstation? (Do they use the DNS of the DC?
Do the users have the proper rights to the policy?

A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

"I just know that I know nothing"
Socrates (469-399 B.C.E.)

The GPO's are being deployed at the domain level, because I want them to affect all users in the domain.

All workstaions are pointing to the server for DNS. This is done using DHCP on the server.

The authenticated users group have been given read and apply group policy permissions.

Do all users have to have roaming profiles for the GPO deployment to work?

What kind of client machine do you have?. The Win9x machine isnt client of the AD. The GPO to a Win9x Machine isnt work. Do you need a Win2000/XP machine.

Certifications:
CCNA, BSCI, BCRAN, BCMSN, MCP

In Progress:
CCNP - Troubleshooting

Which part of the GPO you are talking about? Workstation? User? Both?
Then use "gpresult" tool from windows 2000 resource kit, and see which policies are applied.
Gpresult is part of most of the GPO troubleshhoting.

Gia Betiu
gia@almondeyes.net
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, MCSE Win2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back