Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPO Wont update to clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnfranklin

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2002
GB
Hi,

Hope you can help, got a SBS 2000 server, serving 20+ clients.

The other week we set up a test OU and Group Policy with just something small like default wallpaper. We added 1 user to the group. After about an hour the GP refreshed and voila the wallpaper appreared on the users desktop.

Now we have modified the same GPO, but over a week of trying, we can't get the GP to refresh. Tried SECEDIT /Refreshpolicy bla bla .......

The user still has the wallpaper, but none of the other settings have been enforced.

So this obvioulsy proved that the setup is correct otherwise the user wouldn't be able to get the wallpaper in the first test of the GPO... Right! or it would have disappeared?

So howcome the updated GPO does not refresh?

I also have a GPO problem on an 2k Advanced server seving XP workstations. This time the GP just does nothing.

I have ran GPUPDATE a number of times, rebooted the workstations, rebooted the server. Ran GPRESULT to check for any problems and there are nine.

The DNS is correct, the GPO set up is correct. I am lost.

Could someone please help, is there any way to force the refresh other that GPUPDATE.

Is there any other settings I should be aware of.

I just can't understand why I can get it working one day and another day doing the exact same thing I can't ..

Thanks in advance.

JF

No problems now I fixed it.

I switched the DNS server order on the client machines and it worked like a dream, and still is.

JF

Hi JohnFranklin, thanks for posting your solution here! I was wondering, what was the difference between the DNS servers? Are they are different subnets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back