Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPO Problems with folder redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

colten

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2006
US
Hello,
I know this is an easy one, but for whatever reason it is not working. I have two terminal servers that I have placed in an OU called Terminal Servers. I have a Group Policy for that OU that has folder redirection for the My Documents folder. This redirection is applied to both Domain Admins and Domain Users.

I have made sure that the users have the correct right to access the redirected folders by manually linking the remote folder to the My Documents properties.

I have also tried applying this same redirection in the Domain Group Policy for a group called test. This actually does work.

Can anyone tell me what the problem may be? I do know that if I change something on the Computer Configuation side of the same group policy that actually reflect correctly after doing a gpupdate /force. At this point I am pully my hair out.

Thanks

How is the GPO implemented?

My Docs redirection is a user policy, so your users would need to be in the OU that you have applied the GPO to.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

If you do a RSOP report with the GPMC, is this policy being applied to the user? An alternate way is to do a gpresult while logged in as the user with the desired GPO applied, and see if it actually being applied to the user.

Hope This Helps,

Good Luck!

Hello All,
I have figured it out. I needed to enforce group policy loopback in the OU's Group Policy. Then everything worked great. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back