Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPO Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikpa

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2004
US
I am trying to restrict users access to the drives on the published desktop through gpo. But if I make changes to the system gpo it will affect everyone. How can I make the changes without it affect the admin group or the administrator
Ikpa

Create another OU and put your users in there, that way you can assign group policy to that OU without it admin etc..

...forgot to say I am still in the NT world :). I know there is a file I need to change the security for in system32 on the local server but can't remember the file name.
Ikpa

Its been a long while since I've worked with NT, but I seem to remember that you use system policy editor and save ntconfig.pol in winnt\system32\repl\import\scripts
Again I know you can create user policies that will only affect the groups you want to. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back