Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPO not being fully applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottew

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2003
US
We are running Citrix PS4 on a Windows 2003 Server. I created an OU which contains only this server. I then created a GPO to do Folder Redirection which I only want applied to this server.

I ran gpupdate /force, however when I run gpresult, it does not list the GPO as being applied. I checked the event logs and no errors show up.

I set the GPO to "Create a folder for each user under the root path" which is \\servername\users. Even though it says the GPO is not applied, I see the folders (Application Data, My Documents, and Desktop) in the users directory. However, there is no data in the folders.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Are you using loopback processing mode?

itd17, yes I have enabled loopback processing.

Scottew,

What other settings have you applied for folder redirection? Under the properties for each folder to be directed you should choose "Move the contents to the new location"

Under the settings tab, the following are checked...

Grant the user exclusive rights to My Documents
Move the contents of My Documents to the new location

Under Policy Removeal, I have selected "Leave the folder in the new location when the policy is removed".

Under Security Filtering, I had the group that I wanted this GPO to be applied to. I just added the servername and now when I do gpresult, it shows that this GPO is applied, however the documents still aren't being redirected.

You may have to reboot your Citrix farm.

I rebooted the server last night.

In the event logs, I am getting Event ID 112.

Code:
Failed to perform redirection of folder Desktop. The files for the redirected folder could not be moved to the new location. The folder is configured to be redirected to <\\servername\users\%USERNAME%\Desktop>.  Files were being moved from <C:\Documents and Settings\test\Desktop> to <\\servername\users\test\Desktop>. The following error occurred while copying <C:\Documents and Settings\test\Desktop\Ask Watson.url> to <\\servername\users\test\Desktop\Ask Watson.url>: 
The security descriptor structure is invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back