Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPO links 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2005
PT
Hello all,

Another question: After installing Win2003 and after creating an OU, does any GPO will be realted to this new OU, or I need explicitly to define one. For isntance, as far as I know, the domain will have the default group policy assigned (I can see it in the GPO tab). However in the GPO tab for the OU there is no GPO assigned. What this means?

How can I see, on the Active Directory users and computers the an object script relating to the GPO so that I don´t need to open the properites of the GPO and see the GPO tab?

Thank you!

Download and install the GPMC from Microsoft. This gives you better visibility and management tools than the standard tool that comes with the OS.

When you create an OU only the higher GPO(s) apply. In a fresh install that would be the Default Domain Policy. You have to create a GPO and link it to the OU. The GPMC gives you much better visibility on this and the GPResults is an essential tool when you have layers of OU/GPOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back