Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gpo applied but no change 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aktaon

Technical User
Nov 3, 2009
US
Greetings to all:

We wanted to map a network drive on certain machines. We created an OU and moved the workstations to the new OU. We placed a script to map a network drive under C:\WINDOWS\SYSVOL\sysvol\ssknx.com\Policies\GUID\Machine\Scripts\Startup. On the group policy object editor, we selected computer configuration\windows settings\scripts\startup and point it to the script file. However, when we tried on the machines no drive was mapped. gpresult shows that it was applied but we do not see any drive mapped. Thank you in advance.

I got part of the problem fixed. It was original defined right under the OU. Now I defined a new policy under the domain, linked it to OU, unchecked apply GPO on authenticated users and checked only on the group in question. However, the GPO applies whether they are in the OU or not. I did configure loopback policy but I need to spend sometime on Loopback policy and see if I gan make it working only when they log onto computers under the OU in question. Thank you.

It worked for me with Loopback policy. Thank you all.

Great, glad to hear you got it working!

Thanks,
Andrew

[smarty] Hard work often pays off over time, but procrastination pays off right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back