Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPF when trying to print

Status
Not open for further replies.

safirlaila

Programmer
Feb 5, 2004
NO
I use Paradox on a Win2003 Terminal Server. When I try to print via local printer or network shared printer it works fine, BUT when I use client connected printer I get the GPF.

The message gives no futher information. This occurs both when I print to the client connected printer through the RDP protocol and ICA protocol.

On the Win2000 Terminal Server it worked fine.

Has anyone any experience on this?

Thank you in advance
Laila

No direct experience with RDP or ICA protocols. Don't even know what they are, to tell you the truth.

However, often when getting a GPF when printing it is due to the printer name being too long. You only get 31 characters for printers when working with Paradox.

Could this be the issue?

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time. It's about priorities.

You should also clear out the temp directory on the client workstation. In my experience a lot of printer GPF's come from garbage left in the TEMP folder.

BTW, thanks Tony. I didn't know there was a limit of 31 characters on pdox printer names. Will be good to know in future.

I don't know if this will help, but i had the same problem when printing from an xp machine but not 98. i have found that sometimes the text on the report is blank in other words the lable. when i went to object explorer and checked all the lables' text of the spesific report and it said "BLANK", i just replaced the blank with a space. That solved my problem.

all the lables' text of the spesific report and it said "BLANK", i just replaced the blank with a space. That solved my problem.
When you don't want a label on the field, it is better to right-click the field, select properties, and change the field type from 'Labeled' to 'Edit'.

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time. It's about priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back