Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GP10 extremely slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

meloadri

Technical User
Apr 7, 2009
US
I have GP10 running on a windows server 2008R2. Because of our warehouse mangement solution, GP has to continuosly run on the server. For two days in a row it has been running extremely slow on the server and the client. I ultimately had to reboot the server and its okay for now. I dont consider that a fix so I would like to know what can cause it to slow down so that it can be fixed. Thanks

If I am not wrong,your warehouse management going to talk with GP Database. So I think it is not wrong with GP. Please check the integration with warehouse management and I assume that both application are trying to do with same table in particular time ..So that it is happening..please check with your integration..

The WMS runs fine; no slowness. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday GP ran without an incident. This morning however GP was slow and we have noticed that is only between 7am and 8am that its performing poorly. The accounting manager post transactions every morning begining at 7am but for 3 days he said posting was fine. At 7:55 today he was still posting. I was on the phone with him at 8am and he told me posting just picked up. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back