Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GP Smartlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexxx

MIS
Oct 16, 2001
In regard to GP v7.5 and Smartlist v7.5, using GP HR module the payroll folders do not include columns needed for export such as paycode description. Is it correct that in order to add a custom table as a folder or add columns to existing folders an addon tool is required such as Any View or Smartlist builder from eOne? If so, what is the approximate cost of this utility?

Accountable Software just lowered the price of Anyview, which I think is a better product than eOne's SmartList Builder. This was done in reaction to Microsoft buying Smartlist Builder and adding it to the Great Plains 8.0 product line.

The price is 1250 for unlimited users. Contact me if you need a VAR to place the order for you.

Brian Begley
bbegleylpg@yahoo.com

Is there another approach beside using an addon?

You cannot change any of the built in Smartlists without one of these tools.

Brian Begley
bbegleylpg@yahoo.com

I always use microsoft query in Excel to get the data from my payroll tables. That is if you can create an ODBC link to your data without issue.

Thanks!
Barb E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back