Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GP question -terminal server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom606

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2007
US
We 25 users on Windows server 2003 using terminal server. The users have HP thin client machines with XP embedded.

I am having a problem with the GP that sets the inactive session limit to 30 minutes.

The problem is the inactive session limit works for some uses but not all of them. However, if the ones that do not have their session limit enforced at work, log in from home using Remote Desktop, the inactive session limit does work.

I am not sure where to start troubleshooting this issue. We do not use roaming profiles so I don't think it is a profile issue, but I could be wrong. Any suggestions?
Thanks

hi, go to terminal services configuration (administrative tools), connexions, properties on RDP-Tcp, session tab. there you can configure sessions limits as well as override client settings.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if this resolve your issue

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
I know about those settings but if you use a group policy those settings are grayed out and you cannot change them.
Dom

y're right but the key here is the "override user settings" parameter. is this checked?

Hope this helps. Please let me know if this resolve your issue

Jeff

Ok, I got you. Yes the box to override the user settings is checked for all three criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back