Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GP General Question regarding discounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodnay

Vendor
Oct 8, 2008
CA
Hello,

I was just wondering if there was any way you can apply a discount after posting to the General Ledger. I forgot to do this a couple of times and there are small outstanding balances of a couple of bucks in some accounts as a result. GP won't allow me to go back and make the correction by itself (if it does, I don't know how to do this). As you might be able to tell, I am a relatively new user so ANY help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I believe that once an invoice has been posted it is final. In that past, I have created a credit memo to apply to small outstanding balances on the aging. The distribution of the credit memo should include any adjustments that need to made to the GL.

Hope this helps.

You should also look at the writeoff routines Tools \ Toutines \ Sales, especially where there are a lot of accounts that need clearing down.

Take it Easy
Man with one chopstick go hungry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back