Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

gp - active desktop wall paper not downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipesnab

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2002
GB
I have set my group policy to allow active desktop and the to download a .jpg file from a share on the server for the client machines to use as wallpaper. For some reason the wallpaper is not downloading but the policy is applying correctly as i have checked the registry settings and the location of the wallpaper is displayed. Does anyone know of a resolution?

I think it must be one of the other policy settings which is preventing it from being displayed because if I create a seperate policy for the desktop wallpaper then it works.

In another post, someone mentioned that if you hide all the icons on the desktop, then the wallpaper isnt displayed. Are you hiding all the icons?

You can have classic shell enabled in the desktop policy or because it overrides the 'activate desktop policy'. anyway i have it resolved.

Thanks

Can you convert the wallpapar from .jpg to .bmp so that it will load without the need to enable active desktop.

SMOK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back