Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Got loked out of BCM 400. Strange Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGT

Vendor
Aug 16, 2002
US
I have a client that had a bad system tray (bad capacitors) so we installed a new tray and got the old one repaired. Once the old one was put back, we were locked out of the sytem and all admin account passwords stopped working. Default passwords dont work either (ee_admin PlsChgMe!)

Putting the new tray back did not return things to normal. Bottom line is that we are unable to login to the system. This is sizeable system and replacing the hard drive is not desirable.

I have read some conflicting stories about the viablility of resetting the NT password. Not clear if this would help. Any help would be realy appreciated.

DO NOT reset the NT password. Just changing the BFT shouldn't cause that problem. All the system info is on the MSC card and the Hard drive. Did you do anything else besides change the BFT, like INI the MSC?

The only thing that was changed is the BFT. We can still login to the call pilot and the phone programing (Feature**System).

I guess its also possible that the system got hacked. Is there a way to reset or recover the system admin password?

Yes we have tried all default accounts and all the ones we created over time. They are all locked out (invalid password).

Sounds like the BCM isn't up yet, have you tried a cold reboot? Also try login though the serial port.

The BCM is working fine... call center, IP phones, reporting etc. No luck on the serial port.

Are you saying that you cannot connect via the serial port or Telnet? If you cannot, I ask the question again, did you telnet into it and do a platform initialization or anything?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Acewarlock

Correction, we are able to login via the serial port using the default password. What now??? Thanks.

Here is the full status of the system (2.X upgraded to 3.6)

We cannot login using the Unified Manger. Invalid password.
We can however login to the main menu using the serial port and the default ee_admin, eedge and workgroup as domain.
But when we go to the configuration wizzards, the ee_admin account does not work. Very strange.

Thanks for your help.

When you login just enter

User ee_admin
Domain DON'T ENTER ANYTHING
Password eedge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back