Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Got A question about boot problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krosus

Technical User
Apr 11, 2002
GB
This probably isnt completely the right place but I have a problem thats just driving me up the wall here.

My Boss's hd failed at some point yesterday as he left it on all night yet again after a late meeting.

Fine got some petty cash went got a hd fast I always make sure i got backups so he hadnt lost any work but when i install hd and try to Mirror and image down from the server of 2k or try an old fashioned cd based 2k install the installer hangs at the stage of Starting w2k after installing drivers part.

Thought o.k hd is messed ran out and replaced it and same thing happened again, so got a hd out of another machine that was fine and All i got everytime it got past boot screen was Inaccessible boot device...
So I removed all other ide devices and all non essential cards from the case..
Still no luck.

And at this point im just stumped never come accross inaccessible boot device problem before.

Thanks in advance for any help
James G

Do the BIOS settings correspond to the harddisk you are trying to use now ?

Indeed they do bios is set to auto-find on boot

Just a thought. w2k service pk 2: The hdd driver would give the same prob after installing pk2. Some times changing the pin settings on the hdd will fix, or replace the driver. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back