Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Google Won't load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratage

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2012
US
I've done many searches about this.

I'm working on the personal computer of one of my co-workers, who brought it to me with a strange problem. Google.com won't load. As far as I can tell, everything else will. Even google powered searches stall, then eventually time out and display the "unable to connect" page, which is of course different depending on the browser.

So far I have:
scanned the system with AVG (4 infections), Avira (63 detections) and Malwarebytes (37 items). I have removed or quarantined all detections. I have attempted IE9, removed and reinstalled Firefox and Chrome (my fav). So far...nothing. I can reach Google by using the ip addresses, just not name Google. Hitting links from other searches or redirects won't get me there either. The DNS service seems to be working properly as far as pulling local IPs and recognizing and connecting to the gateway and default DNS, DHCP and proxy servers.

Does anyone have any ideas? Even Google hasn't been able to help me...(lol). Which brings up one more thing, I can reach Google with every other computer I have online on this network.

Win7HP 64bit SP1
Athlon II X2 240
$G RAM
...need anything else?

oops..think I put this in the wrong discussion forum...sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back