Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

google wants to download...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibbet

MIS
Jan 8, 2002
NL
I have one machine running IE 6.0.2600 on w2k that has this thing with Google. Whenever someone tries (or the machine stops with the message downloading file / from google[1]. I tried open, download, but nothing works. Getting to google through a searchstring work fine...So if I type etcetera I get to the results. Working from those results (for instance about Wimbledon...) by changing the searchstring within the then running google works great as well... Until I press Next. Then it's back to the download file screen again...
Any idea?
T.

Try cleaning the cookies , temp files , ofline files etc.
If that doesn't help , try looking for a file called HOSTS and open it wite notepad , delete all the values that come after:
127.0.0.1 local host

TProblem solved. Somehow it all works again. I did however run a spybot search and destroy and found a neat little trs-bot (and deleted it), ánd ran Norman that found another virus (I thought virus scanner were supposed to scan...Looks like I have to initiate the scanning...). That didn't solve the problem completely. I did however scan through google's FAQ and fourm and found similar problems with the suggestion of using (including the /?). That seems to work wonders. This morning all's well again. So what it was? Beats me. I'll place my bet on the TSR spybot...
T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back