Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

goofy answering machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

toptater

MIS
Feb 18, 2002
US
I copied a 500 set to a new TN and gave it a new DN. Patched it to a jack. It worked correctly for 2 weeks. Now it is "like timing out" The front desk clerk will forward her 2616 to the answering machine and it will stay forwarded for only a few hours now. Nothing has changed that I know of. Any clues???

If it only stays forwarded for a couple of hours, it sounds like it is in the 2616 instead of the 500 set. Is this the only occurance of this type?

does the fdn show active on a trace, i would take the 16 out and put it back in and make sure that remote call forward is not causing you problems

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

techman3030...this is the only occurance of this type

johnpoole...what should I look for on the 2616....not sure what you are asking me about the trace.

If you have a spare 2616, try replacing it and see if that clears up your problem. I have seen them do funny things like changing to different languages and the forwarding numbers changing themselves. Of course that is putting a lot of faith in the customers, when they say "they have not touched it".

I do have a spare 2616..good idea. I'll test that out Monday when the site opens again. Thanks.

ld 80
trac 40 0 0 1 (tn foryour set)
that will show you if the forward is still active.. it's the only place you can tell if it's off or on remotely

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

johnpoole...I can telnet into that switch and after doing a LD 80
.trac 8 0 (slot 8 being the analog card)

I get

.tra110

I guess this is an error telling me something is just not right. Does this means it's disabled? Do analog TNs go disabled?

Ok..I'll try that. Here's the prt of the TN

REQ: prt
TYPE: tn
TYPE TNB
TN 8 0
SPWD
DATE
PAGE
DES

DES ANS
TN 008 0 00 00
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
WRLS NO
DN 3551 0 MARP
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT
TGAR 8
LDN NO
NCOS 2
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
XLST
SCI 0
CLS CTD DTN FBD XFA WTA THFD FND HTD ONS
LPR XRD CWD SWD MWD LPD XHD CCSD LND TVD
CFTD SFD MRD C6D CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD LLCN EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXA ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA
MCRD SHL ABDD CFHD DNDY DNO3
CWND USMD USRD BNRD RTDD FAXD CNUD CNAD PGND
PLEV 02
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0
DATE 28 SEP 2004

NACT

with that key idle you know it's never going, i would set the fdn to my night answer point. if the forward is really falling off the phone i would out it. then build it back new on a different port. if i didn't know a customer and they told me that forward went away on one phone, i would not even look for a problem.. just figure that mama didn't raise them right...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

johnpoole...there is no night answering point. this is a school and after 4:30 no one is there. this was the reason for the answering machine..to take after/before hours calls from teachers or subs. i'll try outing this set and putting it on another port. thanks..i'll post the outcome.

i guess that rules out fna during bussiness hours. you could use idc tables if your switch goes into days, but that is usually a console function. i know at schools in this part of the country the phone may ring 20 times before it's picked up. if the user is not doing a forward they would also forget any other night procedures, i don't know of a way to do time of day inbound without mail or a console, but try posting a question on that and someone may have used it

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

johnpoole...apparently the answering machine has fixed itself (yea, right) the site is telling me it's working correctly again...you think it could be user error :)

that was my 1st thought

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back