Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good way to cram for a CCNA 640-802? Need to stay motivated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ame540

Technical User
Sep 14, 2004
US
Hello Cisco folks.

A little background, I took the CCNA exam many years ago (back when it was still 640-801) and failed by about 2 questions. I ended up changing jobs and put getting certified on the back burner. Fast forward about 4 years and I started studying my butt off again to take and pass the exam to redeem myself. I used mostly TestOut and Visual CertExam modules to help prepare myself with material. I did learn the material pretty well. As just today I took a short practice exam and surprised myself at how much i remembered but know there some nitty gritty details i need to brush up on. Still yet again life got in the way and its been another 12 months since no studying.

Long story short, I'd like to devote maybe 8-10 weeks cramming and going over some of my weak topics for the CCNA 640-802 exam. Are there any online resources you guys would recommend? Brain dumps? any written cram guides that can be purchased at a book store?

I'm fairly confident in the material but just need to get something new to study in order to hold my interest and keep me motivated to see this through passing the exam. All your input is greatly appreciated.

As for online resources i would recommend Jeremy Cioara CBT videos. Another option would be to take the CCENT exam wich is the basics for CCNA and is half the price of it, that way you get used to the way the exam is and if you pass it it would boost your confidence towards the other half of CCNA. I took the 2 exam option and the CCENT was by far the most difficult of both.

Thanks for the lead. Those CBT videos are quite pricey! I've considered doing the exams separately... indeed its just a lot of material for me to remember all at once.

you can get manuals and videos all on sites like 4shared.

1) do not dump! if you need to use dumps then don't even bother because you are devaluing the cert for honest people
2) do not use torrent sites to download content. the people that put this content together deserve to get paid for their work. certifications are a way to enhance your marketability and hence will allow you to make more money. consider the opportunity to get certified as an investment. i am studying for CCIE R&S right now and i've sunk well over 10k into my rack of equipment and study materials. i refuse to cheat not only the content producers but also my fellow CCIE candidates by cutting corners in any way.

do the right thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back