Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good Online Source for 3M UR, UY, and UG splices

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaNovice

Vendor
Apr 6, 2003
US
Hey,

I'm trying to find a decent online source to buy small quantities (ie. a box of 100) of 3M UR, UY, UG, and pair-at-a-time splices. When I say pair-at-a-time, I mean the type that takes one pair on one side, and lets you go to another pair on the other side.

Everywhere I look, a box of UR's (qt. 100) is 22 bucks. That's outrageous.

I know if I order them via distributor, they're much cheaper... but I just want to send a buddy a link to get a box online for some stuff he's doing, and I'm turning up nothing.

I found some pretty good sources for 9.95 actually.

I'll post links.

I have used these people for quite a few items.

100 UY $5.99

100 UR $6.99

Test-Um Ranger $194

I have found their products to be of good quality and their shipping fast and reasonable. Unlike many other eBay sellers they have an inventory so repeat orders are not a problem.

Or here are the real Scotch UY's. 320 for $10

Those are pretty good prices. Gray bar is about $10 a box for 100, we are freight free, so thats .10 cents each, which is what those are by the time you pay freight.

I often see UR and UY connectors in hardware stores in 10 packs or something, but as I remember they are too expensive like that.

Good Luck!

It is only my opinion, based on my experience and education...I am always willing to learn, educate me!
Daron J. Wilson, RCDD
daron.wilson@lhmorris.com

i usally look on ebay for quanities of 1000 or so and I like to wind up at about 50.00 including freight.

I just found out who makes those pair at a time connectors.

They're the Thomas and Betts 709 connectors. Invaluable! Worth their weight in gold.

Avayanovice

Avaya makes the same connectors (same part number) and you are right they are worth their wieght in gold and neatly install inline.

Don

I get them at graybar

Don,

Avaya rebrands those according to my sources. The connector was owned and invented by AT&T, and Thomas and Betts bought it a few years ago and now manufacture them. When I worked for an Avaya Dealer, that's where I first came into contact with them. GREAT and very useful though. Saves a ton of time.

Those Thomas & Betts 709 connectors are wonderful, but I had a dickens of a time finding them for sale. I had absconded with hundreds of them when I retired from Verizon, and finally found a source at--

They're the only ones that connect a whole pair at a time, in and out. Easy crimp, too, even with a pair of needle nose.

I saw that distributor as well; however, they're ungodly expensive there. Trying to find somewhere cheaper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back