Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good Looking Spreadsheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortolaChris

Technical User
Jan 13, 2002
GB
I really love working with Excel and have created some really useful price sheets for example, but I am really poor at making my data look attractive. Has anyone got any ideas, examples of good looking sheets?
Also is there a way of customising colours as you can in Powerpoint or Paint?
Thanks for any help
Chris

To change a color in a color palette
Switch to the workbook that contains the color palette you want to change.

On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Color tab.
Click the color you want to change, and then click Modify.

To replace the selected color on the palette with a different standard color, click the Standard tab, and then click the color you want.
To change the hue or another aspect of the selected color, click the Custom tab, and then change the options.
If you copy an object or cells with a custom color to another workbook, the custom color is replaced by the color in the corresponding position on the other workbook's color palette. To retain the custom color, either copy the customized color palette to the other workbook or change the corresponding color in the workbook.

To replace the default color palette in new workbooks, change the color palette in the default workbook template or in the custom template you use to create workbooks.

Suggestions for making sheets more attractive, try experimenting with varying the text size, row height, and the Merge Cells, Orientation, and Borders features in Format - Cells. I think you can probably find most of what you need there.

Be careful, though, with merged cells...this can cause a myriad of problems, most often with formulas.

Amen to that carrr....Merged cells are the work of the devil...

Blue [dragon]

If I wasn't Blue, I would just be a Dragon...

Evil evil things that should be exorcised immediately!!!!!!!!! :)

Rgds
Ken..........

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back