Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good InDesign CS book for starters

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilTrain

Programmer
May 27, 2003
US
Hello,
I am a savvy computer user (have been programming for years, just now getting into publishing) and recently picked up a copy of InDesign CS. I have been to the bookstore and browsed around amazon, and have come across many InDesign books, im not sure which one would be a good starter.

Anyone have any reccomendations.

F1 should be fine for you.

Any other probs you have can usually be dealt with in this forum. :)

im not talking about specific problems. I think you misunderstood me, I have no idea how to use InDesign, I dont need a quick reference, I need a beginners tutoriall.

And whats a good place to get example templates to play with?

I like Sandy Cohen's "visual quickstart guide" called InDesign for Macintosh & Windows.

I already knoew photoshop and illustrator as well as a plethura of other adobe and macromedia programs and I had to teach myself InDesign in order to get a job and I picked up Adobe InDesign Classroom in a Book it's written by Adobe and it's about a $50 investment - but I learned the basics enogh in 2 weeks - them its just a matter of using it and practive. Create a project for yourself and you'll be flying along in no time! Good Luck I hope it helps!

The classroom books are great to learn the program. However, I agree with litsim. The Quick Start books are great! I have them for several programs. You can look up something in the index and find an answer without all the extra verbiage you get in most other reference books. Plus their usually right around $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back