Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

good headset for i2050 softphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakbuddy

Technical User
Mar 2, 2005
US
looking for affordable and compatible solution for an i2050 headset.

thanks,
-bb.

In addition to the above headset working fine (Model DSP-100) you can adjust the mic volume, unlike the headset packaged with the full Nortel i2050 kit. Every installation using the full kit had very low mic volume.

The only thing I've found the (Nortel issue) headset good for is unplugging the headset itself from the DSP module and using it as a straight 3904 headset. In that respect it's way cool.

or you might want to try a Clarysis Handset. It looks just like a phone that you plug a regular 2.5mm jack headset into. It is pretty cool. You can also use it as a speaker phone.

I agree with all here. The Headset shipped with the i2050 is not very good - Expensive though. Nortel could have gotten a better supplier for that.

I personaly use blue tooth adapter plus jabra headset connected to that. I was surprised about the quality of this "wireless" solution. Big advantage I use this jabra headset for my mobile as well.

I wondered if blue tooth would work. If you have 50 ppl sitting in a row there shouldn't be a problem - it should bind to its adapter...right??????

Thats correct.

Every blue tooth connection is secure due to the fact that you have to follow a log on procedure + you have to enter a pin in the first time you connect. Every blue tooth had set has its own ID.

I use the GN Netcom 6210 over-the-ear Bluetooth Headset. It's completely "wireless", sits in a changing cradle next to my telephone. It comes with an additional charge cable that I keep at home when I switch to my cell. Not "cheap", but very liberating. I'd be lost if I had to go back to a corded headset.

what audio settings are you using for the bluetooth adapters.
thx
jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back