Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good grass sprite in screen mode 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

quebasic2

Programmer
Dec 17, 2002
IN
Does anyone know how to make a good grass sprite in screen mode 13 without any palette changeing? I can't seem to come up with one.

Hey what do you mean without any palette command ?
It seem to be that you succeed in that work but programming does not mean that.It means do the best with in hand else it is just a competition ?.If you wanna a competition let's do that with my 3d theorem in 8bit.you want it ?

sorry for my english and my beerly head...i miss understood you. ok ? :)

hey your post abaout my poking or lining tells the everyone konws..My question is where to poke ?.whatis the adress ?

Can we stick to the topic on this post please.

How are you wanting to use the grass sprite?

My recommendation would be to use data statements.

FOR Y = 1 to 5
FOR X = 1 to 5
READ GRASS%
NEXT
NEXT

DATA 1,1,1,1,1
DATA 1,1,1,1,1
DATA 1,1,1,1,1
DATA 1,1,1,1,1
DATA 1,1,1,1,1

You would have to go through the 255 colors that QBASIC offers in SCREEN 13 and find all the green colors. (Not going to do that for you.)
Or, if you want, I can tell you how to use the PALETTE command to get some nice greens. It's really easy.

I know how to draw sprites, and I know how to turn the palette green. I don't want to waste the palette on a simple grass sprite. I simply wondered if someone had a sprite from an rpg or something, that I could use. I can't seem to make a relistic looking one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back