Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good conference phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmmheyhey

Technical User
Jul 26, 2003
US
Hello, have a nec dsx 80 in the office, but need a good conference phone. Have looked at some polycom models, but since I don't have any experience with them, thought I would ask you guys and gals what you prefer.

Thanks for your help

I generally suggest Polycom, but I've bought a number of products by this company and I think they have a smart design (functionality, engineering, etc)
~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

it is expensive, but that Konftel 300 is an awesome looking conference phone. I like that added feature of recording the calls and saving it on an SD memory card!

Has anyone used one of these yet?

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

the NEC 34 button super display phone is a duplex speakerphone , you might want to try one

little money. Polycom sound station 2.

Big budget polycom VTX 1000.

Can't disagree about the Polycom SS2, but the IP's can be dog to set up (compared to some IP phones)

Most people spend their time on the "urgent" rather than on the "important."

I have just purchased a Polycom SoundStation 2W .

Analog and is a wireless with a base station. It also allows for the 2 extended mics..

Works great at 200 feet from base unit...

I want to thank each and every one of you for helping me out here! I have many options now to think about and that is what I had hoped for...Hope I can help you out one day. Cheers

Just an FYI...Shoretel purchased the Polycom speaker phone technology and all of their sets have that polycom sound to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back