Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good beginners tutorial anyone? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadanis

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
GB
Just started a new job and part of the role includes the server backups. Not done this before and the company uses Veritas backup stuff

Anyone know of a good beginners guide or something to start me off.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Kandanis,

When you say Veritas Backup Stuff, I assume you are referring to Backup Exec. The reason I'm asking, is because Vertias has two backup products. They are very different from each other.

If your company is using Backup Exec, I would highly recommend reading the Backup Exec Admin guide. It is shipped with the product. Ususally located in the following directory c:\program files\veritas\backup Exec\nt\beadmin.pdf

It is a good read.

M

Oh right. Didn't know they did another product. Yeah we're using Veritas Back Up Exec

Thanks for the advice. Will dig out the guide and have a read.

Hey Maverick,

Do you know if admin guide in Backup Exec version 8.5 for Windows is called something else besides beadmin.pdf?

Sorry to piggyback on this post Kadanis, but I have done a search on my server and have also looked through all of my directories in the c:\program files\veritas directory with no luck.

Thanks, Eli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back