Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Golive Show/Hide actions don't work on all pcs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

victoriac

Technical User
Nov 16, 2009
BG
I have done a quick test page for a new site using show/hide actions to make layers into drop dowm menus.

These work in all browsers on my main PC and on my friends PC but on my old laptop in IE8 (which is working on the other pcs) the drop down menus are not showing up.

The site is:
None of the links are working yet - I am just testing the drop down menus so far....

If anyone can give me a clue of what's going on that will be great coz it's driving me mad!
Thanks

Unfortunately Microshits makes every version of IE work differently. It's hard to expect all GoLive features to work in IE8 since IE8 came out well after GoLive.

My recommendation is that you use the GoLive plugin MenuMachine.

It seems to work here fine in IE8 in both regular and compatibility mode. When in compatibility mode, the height of the menu is less than ideal but it is still readable.

Either way, you may want to use suckerfish menus instead. A CSS-based menu will not require javascript. That will help SEO and general user accessibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back