Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goldsync prob, who can figure this one out? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

acoustictech

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2005
US
User is out in SF. Server in NY. User changes a contact's salesperson. syncs to the master server. Master server shows the change. Other users sync to the server, but the change doesn't appear. SO, the change appears only on the initial syncer, and the server.

I don't know what version you are on - it could be that the time difference is causing a sync that is back-timed 3 hours,meaning that if one person syncs twice in that period, he isn't seeing updates.

You could test that by having one person wait a day, then having person in NY sync, and then having the person who waited sync, and seeing if the updates showed up

The Wizard
Home of IW Extreme - the CRM that works on the Internet and in Windows at the same time

We restarted the server and it looks to sync correctly now.

Also, Wizard, we're on 6.7. There is a Goldsync option that allows the server to push a package onto a user's machine every x amount of minutes. It's currently disabled, but when we enable it, we get a screen that says we need to point to the correct shared packages folder, but no option to do anything after that. Would you happen to know how we can do this correctly?

DOn't do it at all - as I wrote in my book on GOldSync, it saves so little time and causes so many difficulties to have the package waiting for the end user, that it isn't worth it

The Wizard
Home of IW Extreme - the CRM that works on the Internet and in Windows at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back