Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

goldmine password recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmtmb

Technical User
Dec 20, 2005
US
My user name has a password that I cannot recall. I think it was screwed up when my system crashed and the hard drive was formatted. I had a technician use recovery software to get my Goldmine files back but now I cannot ascertain my password to get at them. The technician gave me a different username and password but that only allows me to run Goldmine and not to get to my files. Is there a way that I can recover or reset my password? This is a major problem as I need to get into these files to run my business

From what you said do you mean you are unable to log in as a master user???

Do you have a admin user set up for your system.

Do you have a backup tape/disk of goldmine. Just so you could recover the user ini files and users.dbf files??

Hi

Get the technician to log in as the master user. From there he can reset your password under your original username.

He must be able to do the above if he was able to set you up with a new username and password.

Hope this helps.

Andrea Ingham
Prior Analytics Ltd (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back