Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goldmine on Linux ??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffy13

Programmer
Oct 22, 2002
GB
Is it possible to run Goldmine on Linux does anyone know???

I don't yet have a customer running this yet, but here is an answer from FrontRange:

Question: Can I use GoldMine as part of a team on a network with multiple desktops?

Answer: YES. You can install a network license of GoldMine for the total number of users that will be logged in at any one time and ensure that your entire team shares the same database. If you are installing GoldMine on a network, you can share your data using a peer-to-peer architecture by installing on Windows® 98/SE/ME/2000/XP or using a server-based architecture by installing to a Windows® 2000, Novell or Linux server, then simply creating a shortcut on the workstations to launch GoldMine from the host system. There is no need to install GoldMine on each workstation, simplifying the administration. For further information, please visit
Source:

Thanks Goldmark.

I also found something on FrontRange's website that says though Goldmine can run on Linux, they only support Goldmine hosted on the Windows family or on a Microsoft OS.

Not sure why they don't support it mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back